What is Alphagan P?
Alphagan P eye drop is used for treatment of open angle glaucoma and the high pressure in the eye. This is a result of increase of ocular pressure inside the eye. Glaucoma is an eye disease that can cause visual problems in the eye. It contains the active element of brimonidine which helps in decreasing the eye pressure inside the eye. You can buy cheap Alphagan P eye drop online very easily. You should talk to the doctor once before taking the medication for the treatment glaucoma. It is an alpha agonist. The medicine is
How to use Alphagan P eye drop?
There are some instructions that you have to follow for using the eye drop of Alphagan P eye drop. It is for using the medication effectively and properly.
- Wash your hands properly before using the medication of Alphagan P eye drop.
- Take off the contact lenses before you apply the eye drops.
- Tilt your head backwards and pull down the lower lid of the eye.
- Hold the bottle of the medicine upside down facing your eye.
- Put the number of drops as directed by your physician or on the leaflet of the medication.
- Look down and close the eyes for about one to two minutes
- Put a finger at the corner of the eye (near the nose) to apply pressure gently on the eye.
- You should avoid blinking or rubbing the eye after applying the medicine.
- It will help in preventing the medication from draining out of your eye.
Precautions to take while using Alphagan P eye drop
There are certain precautions that you have to take while taking the medication of Alphagan P eye drop. These precautions will help in preventing any adverse effect of the medicine on your health.
- It is necessary to talk to your doctor before using the Alphagan P eye drop.
- People suffering from the problem of blood pressure, kidney, liver, and heart disease must avoid using the medicine.
- Never ever use the medication on children.
- Avoid taking alcohol or marijuana while taking the medicine or it might make you dizzy.
- Pregnant women should speak to the doctor before using the Alphagan P eye drop.
- The transfer of this drug is still unknown in breast milk. Consult the doctor before breast feeding the baby.
Interactions of Alphagan P eye drop.
Some medications may interact with this medication. It is better to know those medications prior using Alphagan P eye drop.
- Beta Blockers - Atenolol, Metoprolol, Timolol eye drops
- Blood pressure drugs - Clonidine, Terazosin
- Anti-depressant - Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem
- Pain killers - Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine
Side effects of Alphagan P eye drop
The common side effects of the medicine that goes off in sometime and are common are as follows:
- Eye Discomfort
- Blurred Vision
- Dry Mouth
- Bad Taste in the Mouth,
- Drowsiness or Tiredness
The rare side effects of the medication that might require medical attention and cause big trouble for you are:
- Fast and pounding heartbeats
- Persistent headache
- Eye pain
- Burning sensation and swelling
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Vision changes